What is the Pilates?
Pilates is an effective exercise method that transforms the bodies of both beginners and experienced athletes. Through strength, body alignment, and balance, Pilates improves your overall physical fitness.
The founder of Pilates believed that proper body posture depends on the spine, muscle strengthening, and elongation. Additionally, he used to say that “in 5 sessions, you feel the difference, in 10 sessions, you see the difference, and in 20 sessions, you have a completely new body.”
How does Pilates work?
Pilates serves as the foundation for proper body functioning. By controlling the center of the body (powerhouse), which includes the abdominal, back, pelvic, and hip muscles, we can control our entire body. Our body works from the inside out, which provides longer-lasting results compared to other exercise methods. Breathing plays a fundamental role in performing the exercises correctly. Inhalation is done through the nose, allowing the diaphragm to descend and air to move forward, sideways, and behind the ribs. Exhalation is done through the mouth, where the diaphragm ascends to expel all the air.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
Pilates is not only an important supplement for functional body training but also a natural method of rehabilitation. At Physiomed, the body is treated as a whole through holistic approaches, reducing the risk of injuries. This makes Pilates an ideal choice for injury rehabilitation and chronic conditions.
Here are some of the benefits of Pilates:
- ● Improves overall physical fitness
- ● Promotes natural rehabilitation and recovery
- ● Encourages holistic approaches to overall well-being
- ● Reduces the risk of injuries and addresses chronic conditions
- ● Helps achieve proper posture and body symmetry
- ● Prevents overstraining in specific areas of the body
- ● Provides toning and proper alignment
- ● Enhances flexibility, strength, and body stability
- ● Offers long-lasting results
- ● Strengthens concentration and the mind-body balance